Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 23: Pumpkin Gingerbread

Hello....
What kind of thoughts do you have this time of year? Maybe you think about raking a big pile of leaves and jumping in them for hours. Some might think of picking apples and eating caramel apples or all the many other things one can bake with apples. I also think of building a fire and roasting marshmallows and making s'more's. Drinking hot apple cider or a great tasting cup of java. There are so many things I think about this time of year. I love it all. I love being in the kitchen. Apple recipes and soup or stew recipes and pumpkin. I made Pumpkin Gingerbread today. It smelled wonderful baking. It was an easy recipe and it called for ground ginger and instead I grated some fresh ginger. I'll let you know a little tip about preserving fresh ginger. Peel it and put it in a ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer. When you are ready to use it just run it over a zester or grater. It is perfect! It was very moist and made 2 big loaves. Great alone or with butter on it and serve with a nice cup of tea or coffee. I had my best friend over and once again we talked about me owning my own coffee shop. That is a dream and vision I would love to see. I know I need to get busy so you all can get some of these recipes. Hopefully you will read a new one next week. Blessings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment