Saturday, December 5, 2009

Week 9: Cranberry Eggnog Cornbread Scones

I almost made it through this week without baking. So much baking for Thanksgiving, I didn't even know what sounded good and I have plans for lots of Christmas goodies the next few weeks. I wanted something that was right for the season yet not so sweet and great with coffee or tea. Scones were perfect. I searched many recipes until I found this one. Eggnog and craisons, and a hint of nutmeg to bring out the eggnog flavor. Great with tea or coffee. This is a great recipe and very easy. Smells great baking. You need to serve this one warm or at room temperature. You could put a glaze on after it cools a bit or sprinkle some crystallized sugar before it bakes. Substitute eggnog for the milk in the glaze recipe. It really compliments the eggnog in the scones. Hope you enjoy this one. I know my family did. I might even make some for gifts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment