Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 8: White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake

Happy Holidays my friends! I love this season. So many memories about food during this time of year. I think I already told you how wonderful my grandmothers were in the kitchen. I miss them so much. I decided after my one grandmother died, we would make everything she always made and also try out a new recipe or two. Well, Katlyn learned how to make my grandmother's famous chicken n dumplings. They were amazing. Everyone loved them and I know grandma was smiling down from heaven. I let her make the recipe this week since she was home. She chose White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake. It was so good. The crust was made with crushed ginger snap cookies and the filling was made with pumpkin, spices, sugar, and some yummy white chocolate. This has to be one of my favorites so far. I'm so proud of my daughter for her love for cooking. She is a real joy in my life. I know this will be one a many great cooking experiences for the two of us. Wow, it's already week 9 and I am only now writing week 8. Guess I better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment