Monday, October 5, 2009

Week 1: Granola and Parfaits

OK, so I have been researching ingredients for granola. Wow! You really can do a lot with granola. I'm thinking about doing a basic granola and letting people choose their mix ins. That idea just came to me right now....hmmmm....just might work. The granola I am making this evening has oats, wheat germ, bran, maple syrup, cinnamon and some raisins and craisins will be my mix ins. I gathered my recipe and listed the ingredients and then went to the grocery store. Guess what I found out. Granola ingredients can be a bit expensive, but well worth it I'm sure. I have all I need so kitchen here I come. I'll get back with you in a couple of hours when it's done. Hopefully I'll be smiling...Well, I'm back and yes I am smiling. It's the perfect sweetness, not too much. Light and nutty. I am keeping some plain and I'm adding the dried fruit to the rest. Parfaits tomorrow. Well, that's week one of 52. My plans are to allow one week to perfect a recipe. That means I might have to make it several times to get it just the way I want it. Got this one on the first try. Thanks for coming along with me on my adventure. Forgot to share my creamy filling for the parfaits. First I tried plain vanilla pudding. Not very good, much too sweet. So I created a filling with cream cheese, heavy cream, french vanilla pudding all blended together and then whisk in a cup of whipped topping. yummy!!!!!! That's all I can say......

No comments:

Post a Comment