Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week 2: Biscotti

Decided to work on Biscotti this week. Sooo many different varieties. Starting out with Gingerbread Biscotti. Smelled great even before it hit the oven. I've only made biscotti once and it was pretty good. Hope to perfect it this week and even create some new varieties. The gingerbread variety has lots of spice in it and after it's done I am going to dip it in some melted white chocolate. Doesn't that sound good? Hope it works. I was out of whole wheat flour and substituted wheat germ....hmmmm....we'll see. Be back in a few to let you know how it turned out....took them out of the oven and not that impressed. Don't know if it's the wheat germ or that my baking powder was old. Didn't rise as good as I'd like. Smell great....soooo....guess I'll finish these. If they taste good I'll dip in white chocolate and just have smaller ones. Taste good. Not too happy about the texture. Some of them crumbled. Gonna dip the rest in chocolate and see how they are. Will try a new recipe tomorrow. Catch you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment