Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 3: Fried Pies

I've been real excited about this week although I see that it isn't as easy at it my seem. There use to be a little off the road eating place in Missouri that made fried pies. They were fabulous. I want to create that recipe again. The key factor is the crust, which I am not happy with yet. I made a recipe that was suppose to be very good and I wasn't impressed at all. I am definitely going to have to do some more research. I used butter to give it a better flavor and also used ice cold water. It was too hard. I want a flaky crust. Apple fried pies tonight. The filling was good. Friends. Cooking can be stressful as well as being therapeutic. On a mission to find the perfect pie crust recipe. If any of you have a suggestion I'd love to know. Might try blueberry tomorrow. I also am going to try pumpkin and coconut cream. But until I find a good crust I'm in trouble. Will share the results in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment