Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 4: Halloween Week

Hi everyone....I am a week late in writing this one. It was a busy week and I struggled with what to make. So, I made two different things. It's fall and nothing smells better than pumpkin bread with all the spices. That was my first recipe. I actually made Pumpkin Ginger Bread. It had the usual spices but with an extra kick of ginger. I was really very good. Moist and I like making the small loaves. This recipe made a 5 loaves that were good sized. The second thing I made is a favorite for fall and especially Halloween. It's called Popcorn Cake and it is made similar to the famous rice krispie treat. Only difference is you use 2 bags of popped microwave light butter popcorn and you stir in 1 cup of M&M's and 1 cup of nuts. You can uses other combinations of hard shell candy or nuts or leave the nuts completely out. You dump it out from a 9x13 pan and after it sits a bit you cut it into squares. Absolutely delicious, especially if you like popcorn balls. I think these are even better. So that is my week number 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment