Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 6: Quiche

Hi friends. Here we are again. Before I get started with week 6 I must tell you that I worked on my fried pies again. I finally have a wonderful crust recipe that is very flaky and just yummy. I made blueberry fried pies. They were really good, so I'm pretty sure you are going to enjoy them. The recipe is actually very easy. There are so many varieties of quiche's. The first one I am going to make is a little different in that you don't use a regular pie crust. You use shredded hash browns. This will be a new recipe for me and I am super excited about trying it. I will be doing that tomorrow. Well, made quiche tonight. This was a totally new recipe. Instead of the typical flour pie crust I used shredded hash browns for the crust. Some sausage, cheese, eggs and spices. Turned out great! I also added some chopped onion to the hash browns and fried it in a little melted butter before putting it into the pie plate. This will definitely be a recipe that I will use in a coffee shop. Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment